Health of 90 people deteriorated after eating food...

A case of food poisoning has come to light in Maharashtra. At least 90 people have been admitted to hospital after eating food at a temple banquet in Nanded. police has given this information. According to an official, this incident happened in Naigaon on wednesday evening. He told that a feast was organized and food was served to the devotees outside the shiva temple.

90 people admitted to hospital

They were given 'ambil' (porridge) and 'kheer' (a sweet dish made from milk) to eat, he said. But after eating 'Ambil', the devotees started feeling dizzy and started vomiting. Initially some of them were taken to the hospital. But late in the evening there were more complaints of food poisoning. He said that till late night a total of 90 people were admitted to various hospitals for treatment. The official said that the condition of all of them is stable and they are out of danger. He said that taking cognizance of the incident, a police team visited the spot and investigation is underway.

A similar case had come to light last month also. One person died and more than 75 people fell ill due to food poisoning in Majri Colliery area of Chandrapur district of maharashtra on Sunday. According to the health official, the incident occurred after over 400 people consumed prasad on saturday evening during a religious function at a kali temple on the eve of Chaitra navratri festival. Symptoms of food poisoning usually begin a few hours after consuming contaminated foods. The main symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramps and fever. These symptoms may begin 2 to 3 hours after eating contaminated food, and sometimes it may take a few days for symptoms to appear.

Find out more: