Last week, there were many speculations that critically acclaimed director karthik Subbaraj will team up with actor vikram and his son dhruv for his upcoming directorial venture. Reports also said that anirudh ravichander will score music for the project. On june 8 karthik Subbaraj took to social media to confirm that the project is very much on and Lalith Kumar of Seven Screen Studio will produce the film.

 

He wrote, "Happy to announce that my next directorial after #JagameThandhiram is.. 'CHIYAAN60' Starring the awesome Chiyaan vikram Sir & dhruv Vikram... And it will be an @anirudhofficial musical..produced by @Lalit_SevenScr @7screenstudio So excited for this film..(sic)." Chiyaan 60 will mark the first collaboration of the father-son duo and fans of the actor are already excited. The hashtag #Chiyaan60 has been trending on social media since evening.

 

Reports suggest that karthik Subbaraj met vikram last year during the shoot of the latter's Iru Mugan and had narrated him the script. The film is said to be a gangster drama which will be majorly shot in and around Chennai. The cast and crew of the film is yet to be finalised. Meanwhile, the director is currently awaiting the release of Jagamae Thanthiram, which features dhanush in the lead. The film was supposed to hit the screens in May. However, the makers postponed the film due to the novel coronavirus crisis. vikram recently completed shooting for his upcoming film, Cobra, in which he will be sporting 25 different looks. Directed by ajay Gnanamuthu, the film is said to be a sci-fi thriller.

Find out more: