With the 15% reservation for andhra pradesh residents required by the andhra pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014 no longer in effect as of next year, more local students in telangana will have the chance to study UG and PG degrees, including engineering, medical, and pharmacy in the State.
During the bifurcation, the ap Reorganisation Act 2014 required that the uniform admissions procedure outlined under Article 371 D of the Constitution continue for both successors states, telangana and andhra pradesh, for a period of ten years beginning in 2014. According to this clause, local candidates are eligible for 85% of the reservation at higher education institutions (HEIs), with the remaining 15% being accessible to all applicants.

This meant that while local students in telangana receive a reservation of 85% of admissions slots, the remaining 15% were accessible to students from telangana, andhra pradesh (AP), and other States, as well as workers of the Central Government. In andhra pradesh, the similar reservation policy is in effect, with 15% of seats available and 85% allocated for local students.

Every year, a sizable number of ap students enrol in various professional courses in the State through the common admissions process due to the quick development of the IT, pharmacy, life sciences, and other sectors as well as the alluring combination of educational opportunities, campus placement, and employment opportunities in Telangana.

This was made more clear by the fact that ap students took first place in the recently released telangana State Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS Eamcet) 2023 results. After the common admissions procedure is finished in 2024, locals will have greater options.

The reserve quota, however, shall be decided by the State government. An official in charge of admissions in HEIs said that the government has two choices: either increase the reservation quota for local students from 85% to 95%, or keep things as they are.

మరింత సమాచారం తెలుసుకోండి: