According to praveen Kumar, station fire officer (SFO), Gowliguda, "a fire tender sprayed water on the eight huts while two were used to extinguish fire at the godown and a fourth sprayed water on five loaded trucks parked nearby." According to him, the fire was spread by various tightly packed packages that were within the shed and contained clothing, chemicals, plastic toys, and other combustible items.
All adjacent roads were blocked by police while the firefighting operation was taking place. After it was put out, the fire service and police officials arranged for a JCB to remove the burning goods and dump them on the opposite side of the area, according to praveen Kumar. The SFO stated that saving the hut residents and taking charge of the situation to stop any additional damage were their top concerns.
J. Seetamma, a labourer, said, "The fire fighters not only saved our lives but our clothes, utensils, and other material by their timely rescue act." M. Gopal Rao, who was also removed from his hut, expressed this opinion. Sparks from an electric pole apparently caused a short circuit, which led to the fire, according to the police, which started when they landed on the thatched roof of Mohammed Ismail and Thakur's godown.