How zomato Started: How zomato started? Know here all the facts related to it
Zomato: If you want to set up your own business like zomato, then for this you need to know the important things about Zomato.
It's the era of startups. In today's time, most youths think about starting their own business. If you are thinking of starting your food delivery business model then I am sure you must have heard about the most popular food delivery app Zomato. zomato is a better option for restaurants to provide their delicious food to hundreds of thousands of customers quickly and easily. Therefore zomato provides flexibility and convenience to online businesses.
1. Founded by Pankaj Chadha and Deepinder Goyal, zomato is an indian food delivery startup.
2. Initially it was named “Fufibe” and then on 18 january 2010 it was renamed “Zomato”.
3. The food delivery app operates in 24 countries with over 10,000 cities globally.
4. At present zomato has completed the journey of 13 years.
5. Infoedge holds about an 18.4% stake in Zomato. Zomato's revenue increased from 1300 crores in 2019 to 2800 crores in 2020.
6. Most ordered dish on zomato is “Biryani”, Pandemic 2020 saw 44 Lakh+ orders for Biryani.
7. During the pandemic in 2020, zomato delivered 22 biryanis per minute.
8. zomato receives an average of 12.5 lakh orders daily.
9. The cost of the most expensive order placed on zomato is around Rs 2 lakh.
10. zomato IPO is one of the biggest IPO by a startup in India.
11. zomato not only delivers restaurant food but also groceries and other home essentials.
12. So far, zomato has raised $2.1 billion in funding and the last round valued the company at $5.4 billion.
13. zomato came from the influence of "tomato".
14. On 24 june 2022, zomato acquired Blinkit for US$568 million in an all-stock deal.